Monday, August 3, 2009

Delicious Homemade Nachos

After reading through my posts, I am sure you have at least started to wonder if we are vegetarians… And the answer is no, well, not really… But I must confess that I really do have vegetarian tendencies when I cook, for whatever sense that makes! We are by no means true vegetarians, but to increase our health I’ve really made the effort to cook mostly vegetarian meals at home so that we eat less meat and feel less guilty about having a hamburger here or there (it also saves on the grocery bill!). But enough about that, on to tonight’s dinner! (I’ll create a separate post for the side dish sautéed spinach that was an unexpected hit with the kids).

Homemade Nachos!


Ingredients:
-One Bag of Good Corn Tortilla Chips
-Preshredded mixed Colby and jack cheese
-Preshredded mozzarella cheese (about 1 cup)
-2 cups chopped zuchinni, red pepper and onion
-Olive Oil

Directions:
Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.

Sautee the veggies in a teaspoon of oil in a skillet until tender. Set aside.
Layer the tortilla chips on a cookie sheet (use a special nonstick mat or spray lightly with non-stick spray to prevent the chips from sticking to the cookie sheet. Sprinkle the veggies over the chips, and then top with a mixture of the cheeses. Cook in oven until the very first hints of browning on the cheese.

Serve with sour cream, guacamole and/or salsa as dip. My kids love this dinner and we make it frequently. I constantly sneak new veggies in to the sauté mix and the kids eat all of it. I’ve also served spinach hummus dip on the side, which adds even more veggies! But tonight I served it with my fresh bruschetta (with homemade tomatoes on toasted ciabatta bread) and sautéed spinach. Be sure to check out my recipe for Bruschetta in the archives if you haven't yet, it is always a favorite among family and friends!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About This Blog

Photobucket

Blog Archive

Blog Directory & Search engine Personal Blogs - Blog Rankings Family Affairs Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory

  © Blogger template Blue Surfing by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP